Updated 10 April 2022
Reference in this policy to “we”, “us”, “our”, or any similar terms is to The Diet Company (Pty) Ltd.
Who we are
Our website address is https://grethawiid.co.za.
The Diet Company is not a qualified health care provider and any advice published on this website should be checked with a medical or fitness professional before usage by its readers. You should consult your physician or other health care professional before starting 100 Day Challenge or any other fitness program to determine if it is right for your needs. Do not start the 100 Day Challenge if your physician or health care provider advises against it.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long do we retain your data?
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights do you have over your data?
If you have an account on this site or have left comments. You can request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
The Diet Company Products and Services
The Diet Company Data Subjects are typically individuals or entities:
- requesting information on our Challenges
- registering for inclusion in one of our Challenges
- purchasing The Diet Company products
- subscribing to our Newsletter
We act as the Responsible Party for the processing of our Data Subject’s Personal Information in order to provide these services to you.
How We Collect Personal Information
The Diet Company will collect Personal Information:
- when you provide it to us when you sign up for and purchase a The Diet Company product or service, such as a Challenge, via our website
- when you submit it to us through, competitions and promotions advertised on our Website, Facebook, Facebook Group’s, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, TikTok, WhatsApp or other Social Media platform
- when you communicate with us or we obtain feedback from you by email, WhatsApp, telephone, or any other social media chat box, our website forms, or any other means of communication
- when you register for any events, our website, social media channels or in response to any other electronic communications
- when you subscribe to The Diet Company Newsletter via our website
- when you purchase our products and merchandise through The Diet Company online store
- when we obtain information from third parties to verify and conclude transactions with you
- when you access or use our website or online store
As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browser, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this Personal Information by using cookies, server logs, Google Analytics and other similar technologies. We may also receive technical data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies.
What Personal Information We Collect
In order to provide our products and services, we may collect the following Personal Information from you:
- Name and surname
- Email address
- Telephone number (mobile or landline number)
- Country of residence
- Physical or Postal address (delivery address)
- Technical and website usage information
Testimonials and Success Stories
We may also collect certain health information, photos, and testimonials from you should you agree to share this with us. Should you also agree, we may share this information publicly in The Diet Company Social Media and Community Groups, in our Newsletters, or on our Website. This is done to inspire our community with success stories and promote our, programs and challenges. We will only collect and publish this information with your explicit and informed consent, and you may withdraw consent to having this information shared publicly at any time by emailing us at email@example.com
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
When you visit our website or enter into certain transactions via our website, you could be directed to other websites that are beyond our control. These websites may send their own cookies to you, collect data or request personal information in the performance of a service. We do not control the Privacy Policies of these Third Parties and we cannot be held liable for the use of any Personal Information provided by you for any reason whatsoever.
Use of Personal Information
We use your Personal Information for one or more of the following purposes:
- to register you and enroll you in one of our Challenges
- to communicate with you regarding the products or services you have requested us to provide to you
- to subscribe to our Community Newsletter
- to respond to your enquiries or customer service requests
- to resolve any disputes or respond to any complaints
- to better manage our business and our relationship with you
- to conduct administrative and business functions
- to verify that payments for our products and services have been processed
- to have products purchased from us delivered to you
- to update our records and keep your Personal Information up to date
- to improve our products and services, and to develop new products and services
- to notify you about promotions, benefits, and changes to our products and services
- to collect and publish testimonials and feedback on our products and services
- to enable you effectively to use and improve our website
- to compile website usage statistics
- to assess the performance of our website and to improve its operation
Where necessary to protect our legal rights and interests, or the interests of others, we may also use Personal Information in relation to legal claims, compliance with other local regulations or regulations in other countries or jurisdictions, audits, risk management, and law enforcement processes, and other regulatory functions.
Sharing Of Personal Information
We may share Personal Information with:
- any person that works for The Diet Company, either full time or part-time
- any business partner that is under contract to The Diet Company to assist with the provision of our services.
- companies, organisations, and entities that provide services to us, including in relation to technical infrastructure, marketing, and analytics, and web development
- third party service providers that assist us with fulfilling transactions and services that you have requested and consented to, such as payment service providers, communication providers, or courier companies
- suppliers, affiliates, partners, or agents in order to provide you with our products and/or services
- our professional advisers, consultants, and other similar services
- legal and regulatory authorities, upon request, or for the purposes of reporting any actual or suspected breach of applicable law or regulation
- any relevant party, law enforcement agency, or court, to the extent necessary for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal rights
- any relevant party for the purposes of the prevention, investigation, detection or prosecution of criminal offenses or the execution of criminal penalties, including, but not limited to, safeguarding against and the prevention of threats to public security
We will otherwise treat your Personal Information as private and confidential and will not share it with other parties except:
- Where you have given permission
- Where we believe that it is reasonably necessary to comply with any law or regulation, legal process, or governmental request, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others
When we engage with business partners, third-party service providers, or affiliates that process your Personal Information in order to provide services to you or to facilitate the procurement of a product that you have requested from us, these entities will:
- be subject to binding contractual obligations to only process such Personal Information in accordance with our prior written instructions or contractual agreement with them
- use appropriate measures to protect the confidentiality and security of such Personal Information entrusted to them
- advise us as soon as possible after the detection of any breaches, unauthorised access, or loss of any of the Personal Information of our Data Subjects so that we may act swiftly, appropriately, and in accordance with our Data Breaches statement below
In order for us to provide you with information about the products and services you have purchased, you accept and agree that:
- Any communication, agreement, or notice relating to your purchase shall be provided to you electronically via the email address provided to The Diet Company
- You will have access to the necessary hardware and software to receive, access, and retain electronic communications sent to you with regard to our products and services
- Communication sent to the email address provided will be deemed to have been received by you
The Diet Company utilises the Third Party Communication Providers Mailpoet to deliver electronic communications to their Data Subjects and these providers operate outside of the Republic of South Africa. The Personal Information provided to The Diet Company in order to engage our services, receive our products, subscribe to our Community Newsletter and receive all electronic communications in relation to our products and services is, thus, shared with these Third-Party Communication Providers, and processed and stored within their Data Centres in their relevant countries. Should you not wish to have your Personal Information processed by these Third Parties in these countries, nor outside of the Republic of South Africa, The Diet Company may not be able to provide our products or services to you.
You may withdraw your consent to receiving electronic communications from us at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org but should you withdraw consent, you may not receive further communications regarding any current or future purchases from us.
MailPoet newsletter & emails
If you have subscribed to our newsletter or if you are a member of our website (you can log in) or if you have purchased on our website, there is a good chance you will receive emails from us.
We will only send you emails that you have signed up to receive, or which pertain to the services we provided to you.
To send you emails, we use the name and email address you provide us. Our site also logs the IP address you used when you signed up for the service to prevent abuse of the system.
This website can send emails through the MailPoet sending service. This service allows us to track opens and clicks on our emails. We use this information to improve the content of our newsletters.
No identifiable information is otherwise tracked outside this website except for the email address.
MailPoet creates and stores two cookies if you are using WooCommerce and MailPoet together. Those cookies are:
Cookie name: mailpoet_revenue_tracking
Cookie expiry: 14 days.
Cookie description: The purpose of this cookie is to track which newsletter sent from your website has acquired a click-through and a subsequent purchase in your WooCommerce store.
Cookie name: mailpoet_abandoned_cart_tracking
Cookie expiry: 3,650 days.
Cookie description: The purpose of this cookie is to track a user that has abandoned their cart in your WooCommerce store to then be able to send them an abandoned cart newsletter from MailPoet.
The Diet Company Newsletter
The Diet Company has a Newsletter that members of the public may subscribe to free of charge in order to receive relevant health and fitness information and inspire individuals to keep track of their health and fitness goals. Individuals who wish to subscribe to the Diet Company Newsletter may do so via The Diet Company website and, upon subscribing, consent to The Diet Company collecting and processing their Name, Surname, and Email address in order to receive this newsletter.
Individuals may unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time by clicking on the Unsubscribe link in the newsletter or by emailing email@example.com
The Diet Company has contracted Payment Service Providers (PSP) PayFast in order for our Data Subjects to process payments for the products and services listed on our website and Online Store. We do not collect, process, store or share any banking or financial information of our Data Subjects ourselves as this is done by the PSPs utilising their own secure and PCI Compliant Payment Gateways. The Diet Company only receives the notification of the completed financial transaction from the PSP utilizing an identifier unique to the Data Subject (normally the Data Subject’s email address). We utilise this Personal Information to verify the completion of the transaction in order to proceed with the provision of the product or service to you.
For payments made through these entities, you are engaging with them separately in your own personal capacity and the PSPs are the Responsible Parties for the personal, banking, financial, and any other information which you provide them for the purpose of making any payments. PayFast is a registered South African Financial institution and operates within the Republic of South Africa. For further information regarding their payment services, privacy, and security, or if you have any payment-related queries or concerns, please contact them directly through the contact methods specified on their websites.
In order to purchase our products and services, you will need to provide accurate and up-to-date personal and banking Information requested by these PSPs to effect payment. Should you not wish to provide this information to these PSPs, we may not be able to conclude any transactions with you and provide you with the products and services you have requested.
The Diet Company also operates and communicates through our channels, groups, and most social media sites to inform, help and engage with our customers, and to promote our products and services. These channels, groups, pages, and accounts are public and any of the users of the social media sites on which we operate may subscribe or join.
When subscribing to or joining The Diet Company channels, groups, pages via a social media platform email, please note the following:
- the general public can access and read any personal information posted or shared by anyone on these sites
- we are not responsible for any personal information posted or shared by users on these sites other than the information posted by our designated officials
- we do not endorse the social media sites themselves, nor any information posted on them by third parties or other users
When you engage with us through social media, your personal information may be processed by the site owner. This processing occurs outside of our control and may take place in a country outside South Africa that may have different privacy regulations.
We regularly update and monitor our social media channels, groups, pages, and accounts and welcome feedback sent to us through these sites. We try to join and encourage conversations whenever possible but cannot guarantee that we will read or reply to all messages sent to any of our official social media channels, Facebook groups, Groups, pages, accounts, and/or associated business partners. Relevant feedback on these social media sites, including the details of the individuals who posted comments, may be shared within the Company for consideration, but we cannot guarantee that any feedback or suggestions will be acted upon by us.
The Diet Company utilises WhatsApp Groups to communicate with Data Subjects who have enrolled in our Challenges. We will never add you to a WhatsApp Group without your consent. We will provide you with a link to The Diet Company WhatsApp group relevant to you, and you may decide whether you would like to join the group or not.
WhatsApp is a third-party communication provider and is in no way affiliated to The Diet Company, nor is the communication platform in any way under our control. Should you decide to join The Diet Company WhatsApp group and click the link to join the group, you are consenting to WhatsApp LLC collecting, processing, storing, and sharing the Personal Information you provide (including your WhatsApp Profile Name, your Phone Number, and your profile photograph) in order to facilitate the communication service.
When utilising joining The Diet Company WhatsApp group relevant to your challenge, it is important to note the following:
- the above Personal Information you provide to WhatsApp will be visible to all other members of The Diet Company group by virtue of how the WhatsApp platform and group chat service works
- although this Personal Information may be visible to group members, members may not store or share this information, nor contact other members directly for any reason without their consent. Should any members of The Diet Company WhatsApp groups contravene this, please contact the administrator of the group or email The Diet Company directly
- should Data Subjects not wish to have their Personal Information processed by WhatsApp LLC (or its subsidiaries) nor shared with other members on The Diet Company WhatsApp groups, then they will not be able to make use of the WhatsApp Group communication service administered by The Diet Company and should leave the group or request to be removed from the group by the Group Administrator, or email The Diet Company directly
For any queries or concerns relating specifically to The Diet Company WhatsApp Groups, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Delivery of Merchandise
The Diet Company utilises The Courier Guy to deliver The Diet Company merchandise purchased via our online store or won by our customers during competitions and challenges. In order to fulfill these deliveries, we are obliged to provide these companies with your Name, Surname, Delivery Address and Phone Number. You consent to us providing your Personal Information to these companies in order to receive The Diet Company Products/Prizes and agree to provide Personal Information that is up to date and accurate in order for these deliveries to be fulfilled.
Data Accuracy and Completeness
All Personal Information you provide to The Diet Company via our website or any other methods of collection as outlined above should be accurate, complete, and up to date. Should your Personal Information change, it is your responsibility to notify us of the change and provide us with up-to-date information.
Where indicated via our methods of collection such as on our website forms, our online shop or through our payment services providers, it is obligatory for you to provide accurate Personal Information to enable us to provide you with our products and services. Should you decline to provide such information or should the information you provide be incomplete or inaccurate, we may not be able to provide you with the product or services you requested.
Security Of Personal Information
The Diet Company places great importance on ensuring the security of your Personal Information. We make use of appropriate and up-to-date organisational and technical security measures to protect all Personal Information in our possession. We regularly review our security measures and ensure all Employees and Business Partners are trained to handle Personal Information securely, with the utmost respect, and in compliance with POPIA.
Transborder Flow Of Personal Information
You may withdraw your consent to us processing your information across borders, however, this may mean that we are no longer able to offer our products or services to you.
Retention Of Personal Information
Under the age of 18
The Diet Company has no control over whether children under the age of 18 visit our website and view our content or subscribe to our newsletter and any activity in this regard undertaken by a Data Subject under the age of 18 should be done so with the consent of their parent or legal guardian.
Data Subject Rights
The Personal Information The Diet Company collects, and the ways in which we use it, are necessary for us to provide our products and services to you. You may request access to any and all the Personal Information that The Diet Company has in their possession about you upon provision of sufficient proof and verification of your identity.
You have the right to:
- Request your Personal Information– This allows you to receive a copy of all your personal information held by us and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Correct your Personal Information– This allows you to have any of your incomplete or inaccurate information corrected, although we may need to verify the accuracy of the new information that you provide.
- Delete your Personal Information– This allows you to request that we delete or remove your personal information where there is no justifiable reason for us to continue processing the information. In addition, you have the right to request us to delete or remove your personal information where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal information in order to comply with a legal requirement. Please note that for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, we may not always be able to comply with your request for erasure.
- Object to the processing of your Personal Information– You may object to our processing of your information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object to where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may be able to demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which overrides your rights and freedoms.
- Restrict the processing of your Personal Information – This allows you to request that we suspend the processing of your personal information in the following scenarios:
- if you want us to establish the accuracy of the information
- where our use of the information is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it
- where you need us to hold the information even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims
- you have objected to our use of your information but we need to establish whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it
- Withdraw consent to the processing of your Personal Information– You may withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal information. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before the withdrawal of your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
The above rights are limited in some situations, such as where we are legally required to process or store your data and may limit your ability to use our products and services. We will advise you about this at the time of your Data Subject Access Request and take into consideration the type of request.
In order to enact your Data Subject Access Request, you will normally not have to pay a fee to access your Personal Information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive, or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to assist us to confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your Personal Information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request in order to speed up our response.
We will endeavor to respond to all legitimate requests within 30 days. Occasionally it may take us longer than this if your request is particularly complex or if you have made a number of requests, in which case, we will notify you of the delay and keep you updated.
If you would like to exercise any of your Data Subject Rights, please contact us at email@example.com with your request.
As a Responsible Party, The Diet Company will notify you and the relevant supervisory authority as soon as we become aware of any data breach that is likely to result in the unauthorised access or exfiltration of any of your Personal Information or which may result in any risks to your privacy rights and freedoms.
The Diet Company Information Officer is:
Name: Mandy (Founder of The Diet Company Pty Ltd)
Phone Number: +27 (0)63 348 8664